Friday, April 23, 2010

Digital Who What Now?

In the recent past, it has come to my attention that I am officially old. I don’t know if I somehow blacked out or entered a coma for a few years, but I have become completely out of touch with how the current world operates. It all started when I told a friend I would tweet her from St. John to let her know how my trip was going. Then I realized that I don’t think you can actually tweet someone and even if it were possible, I don’t know how to do it.

Four Square? Isn’t that a recess pastime in which a dodge ball is passed from one student to another in chalk drawn court? Apparently it is now an online tracking system in which users can run micro communities and predators can monitor one’s every move. I tried to participate, but I think I actually was thinking of the previous version and I have yet to successfully become the mayor of any online businesses.

Chat Roulette? Maybe I am just sensitive, but I don’t need another venue in which to get instantly rejected or otherwise horrified. I am not sure of the end goal for this service, but I definitely am too scared to find out. I don’t have an iphone or an ipad or any kind of berry. Other than the frozen strawberries in my freezer for a.m. smoothies. I guess I need to enter the digital era? I might start to get a little lonely all by myself in the real world.

And finally- the reason why I love New York currently. Yesterday I had a picnic in central park, played chess, and planted my very own marigold in honor of Earth day. Central Park- I love you and plan on having as many picnics as physically possible now that my picnic backpack has been replenished. See you around!

3 comments:

Christie said...

i'm right with you on the four square berry shit. it's crap! i can barely check my email. there's nothing better than a beautiful day outside, however. since we're on the subject, take a look at this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/23/students-addicted-social_n_549184.html

Hotelie Blogger said...

craziness.

Nick McLaren said...

Not keeping up with the relentless pace of technological evolution? Ok, that one I can probably give you, but I can honestly say that sometimes, that's more of a blessing than a curse. :)

But calling yourself OLD? Definitely not m'dear! I remember when you were in diapers! Let's not age yourself any more prematurely! ;P